Sunday, June 05, 2005

Just some thoughts from May 18, 2005....

5/18/05 7:24 AM
"Moses said, 'If Your presence does’t take the lead here, call this trip off right now. How else will it be known that You’re with me in this, with me and your people? Are You traveling with us or not? How else will we know that we’re special, I and Your people, among all other people on this planet Earth?' God said to Moses, 'All right. Just as you say, this also I will do, for I know you well an dyou are special to me. I know you by name.'"(Ex. 33:15-17)

I will go where He leads.
I will breathe His breath.
I will soak in His presence.
I will devour His Word.
I will believe what He says.
I will listen for His whispers.
I will take His promises for my own.
I will let Him be God.
I will go in His Power.
I will rejoice in His mercy.
I will be thankful.
He is God.

Will I do this alone? Most likely/…
Will I be by myself? Not a chance…
Will I allow myself to be known? I can only hope…
Will I simply trust? Maybe… Maybe not…

Am I empty?
Blind?
Broken?
Dependent?
Offensive?
It’ll depend on my, my willingness to bow, to submit, to humble myself, to allow, to fall, to believe that He is simply Who He says He is… He is God… How beautiful is that?

"Is there anyway I can go to avoid Your Spirit?
To be out of Your sight?
If I climb to the sky, You’re there!
If I go underground, You’re there!
If I flew on morning’s wings
To the far western horizon,
You’d find me in a minute –
You’re already there waiting!
Then I said to myself, “Oh, He even sees me in the dark!
At night I’m immersed in the light!”
It’s a fact: darkness isn’t dark to You;
Night and day, darkness and light, they’re all the same to You."
(Ps. 139:7-12/The Message)

There’s no place I can possibly go to avoid His Spirit… The Spirt who hovers (Gen. 1:2), the Spirit who comes with power (Acts 1:8), the Spirit of Truth (John 16)… There is no place I can go to avoid Truth, Power, and the Mess which comes from The Spirit… No place, nowhere, no how, no matter what… He is here, now… presently present, perfectly powerful, perfectly truthful, perfectly messy. Will I go on with Him? Will I go to Him? Will I call out to Him? Will I believe Him when He speaks Truth? Will I step out in the power which can only come from Him? Will I accept with gladness the mess His hovering will cause? Will I?

"Be brave. Be strong. Don’t give up.
Expect God to get here soon."
(Ps. 31:24/The Message)

...” we are here as men and women, not as half-fledged angels, to do the work of the world, and to do it with an infinitely greater power to stand the turmoil because we have been born from above.” (Oswald Chambers/My Utmost For His Highest)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home